***My colleague and other USC Admission Counselor, Vivika Demel, is a USC Alum. We just recently unearthed that she been admitted into the spring semester at USC. She was gracious sufficient to talk about her personal experience in the guest blog that is following. Continue reading for an inside appearance into what it’s like being a springtime admitted student.***
being a spring that is former, I realize the confusion numerous of you may be experiencing at this time. I remember receiving my big envelope, reading my acceptance page from USC, after which realizing We ended up being admitted for the spring.
‘ What does spring admission even suggest?,’
I thought, ‘Why me? Does it suggest we had not been good enough for autumn?’ I invest a few telephone telephone calls towards the Admission Office and thanks to a couple of helpful admission counselors and students, we quickly had my concerns answered. I made the decision to simply accept USC’s spring offer. In retrospect, there were benefits to enrolling in the springtime, and We enjoyed my Trojan experience.
Here are 5 things that assisted me realize my offer of admission to spring semester:
- Being admitted for spring does never imply that USC does not wish you! Focus on the Admit part of Spring Admit. We would like you! We’re simply unable to accommodate all of the students we would like for the autumn semester, but we still want you as a person in the Trojan Family.
- You may be involved at USC in the fall. Spring admits can buy tickets for house football games and sit in the learning student area. Planning to games permitted me to satisfy other pupils and experience the Spirit of Troy. In addition, pupils can live near campus and just just take classes at neighborhood universities, letting you interact with other Trojans into the autumn.
- You’ve got numerous different alternatives for your fall semester. Students can enlist at a grouped community college, research at the United states University of Paris (we want that this option had been available whenever we ended up being a springtime acknowledge), travel or work, or do so far more. The opportunities are endless, and the luxury is had by you to decide on whatever is most useful for you personally.
- You can still graduate on time. Students who take classes at a grouped community university tend to be able to graduate with their other Trojans who began in the fall. We actually took five General Education courses in the fall, and was able to double major and minor at USC and graduate on time still.
- You will nevertheless have A usc that is authentic experience. No matter if they begin, our students have to see USC life to its fullest. You can nevertheless be taking part in our activities, events, classes, and companies. Also, we guarantee housing for our springtime admits and try to pair spring admits together to make certain a provided smooth transition.
To conclude, don’t let yourself be afraid or stressed about your springtime admission. You are a member of this Trojan Family with endless options and possibilities available.
If you have other questions, please feel free to get hold of the workplace of Admission or your admission therapist.
Get Oriented With USC
May 1st is here. You’re committed. We are therefore excited. You’re relieved. HOORAY! Time for the next action.
Subscribe to USC Orientation!
USC Orientation Programs helps re-confirm the commitment you may are making by the May 1st Commitment Deadline today. On the side that is practical’s crucial as you’ll find a way to create your classes, learn where things take campus, and obtain situated. However, you will even come to your campus while making friends that are new also future BFF’s. You shall learn the fight track. You’ll finally get the hang of throwing up the ‘V for Victory’ sign. (if you do not was raised in one single of those families who knew just how to complete this before learning just how to hold a bottle, being a baby) All things that are exciting!
A lot of our staff are Trojan alums and went through Orientation fairly current sufficient to keep in mind their experiences. Read their quotes below as they reminisce about their very memories that are first a Trojan in their orientation.
‘USC Orientation was pretty awesome. My OA was an incredible resource and gave a lot of great advice about life as being a USC pupil. Also, I met some of my future sorority sisters at Orientation. Definitely memories that I will always cherish.’
-Jessica Frey, Class of 2013
‘ The part that is best of Orientation was the Spirit Rally! Hearing the band play, learning most of the traditions, and being surrounded by my fellow Trojans was a memory we will not forget for an extended time.’
-Neelam Savla, Class of 2012
‘To be honest, it is hard for me to keep in mind my orientation. Partially I need to start some memory exercises) because I graduated from USC in 2011 and my orientation was in 2007(. What I do remember was during Welcome Week while the beginning of USC, we did not feel lost or like i did not understand where we belonged. I believe that is an expression of my Orientation experience and exactly how it prepared me to step on campus within the fall and feel at ease. One memory that stands away and it is clear from my orientation ended up being registering for classes. My scholastic consultant during the time, whom finished up being one of my bosses as I started working in the department later on, aided me through it all making sure that whenever I walked from the workplace, we felt absolutely nothing but stoked up about starting school, the classes I happened to be taking and being a Trojan.’
-Kendall Williams, Class of 2011
‘ My fondest memory of USC Orientation was heading in the future with a few of new acquaintances and going to Del Taco for the midday snack. We met some students that became a number of my friends that are first USC. It was additionally my first—and last—trip to Del Taco. (Go eat some Chano’s rather).’
-Eric Gebert, course of 2010
‘ Through the band towards the battle song towards the therefore Cal Spell Out, we adored learning about Trojan Traditions.’
-Bryan Hudson, Class of 2013
‘I remember consuming within the dining halls the very first time with my best friend and realizing, after 3 delicious slices of pie, that the freshman 15 is very, very real.’
-Tyler-Rose Veguez, Class of 2012
‘I went to Orientation 4 times (well, 4 summers) when as an incoming freshman and 3 times as a pupil staff user. It was constantly great to see individuals go from knowing no one to locating best buddies in that brief timespan that is two-day. They shmoop professional essay writing service may be friends you keep forever or friends simply for the couple times you’re on campus, but either means, they help you understand that you will find people that are great USC and also you can find your niche once you move in.’
-Noel Viramontes, Class of 2009
‘Orientation was the brief moment everything really clicked. I finally had the opportunity to sit down and talk with not only current USC pupils, but my personal freshman classmates in depth. Though we possibly may attended from various areas of the world and had different majors, we still had much in typical. These unique and fascinating individuals made me excited to live, discover, and develop at USC the next four years.’
-Clay Busia, Class of 2013
IMPORTANT NOTE: it doesn’t matter exactly what orientation session you sign up for. You will have the access that is same the classes you need if you attend the previous or later sessions.
A lot of you have actually already signed up and reserved a spot for orientation. Superb! Until your session, feel free to explore the USC Orientation Programs website. If you are desperate to find additional information about student clubs and companies on campus, get right to the USC Student Affairs web site. Your own time as a Trojan will be here before it is known by you!
Hey current Trojans and alums, do you keep in mind any enjoyable memories you’d at Orientation?